Here is a list of some charities that will help you get rid of your land:
- DonateMyHouse – A charity raising funds for youth developmental programs.
- Kars4Kids – A know car donation charity that funds youth programs and also accepts real estate donations, including land.
- Sippican Lands Trust – A non-profit organization founded in 1974 for the acquisition, management and protection of natural areas in Marion.
- The Nature Conservancy – Help protect and care for nature.
- INHF – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation has helped Iowa landowners find the best option for protecting their land for nearly four decades.
- DNR – The DNR is committed to creating a healthy, sustainable, and livable Minnesota for you.
- Tri-Valley Conservancy – protects open space for parks, farms, trails, ranches and wildlife habitat in the Tri-Valley so that you, wildlife and future generations can enjoy it.
- The Land Conservancy of McHenry County – Accepting donated conservation easements and direct acquisition of property (through purchase or donation).
- Land trust of North Alabama – Saving North Alabama’s great natural places.
- Habitat for Humanity – A global nonprofit housing organization working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S. and in approximately 70 countries.
- Realty Gift Fund – Realty Gift Fund is a group of nonprofit and real estate professionals who recognize the unique problem of real estate donations, and who established Realty Gift Fund to make a meaningful impact on charitable giving through gifts of real estate.
- CharityNavigator – Charity search engine.
- Guidestar – Nonprofit information and reporting search center.
- Always make sure that the charity you are going to donate land to has a 501(c)(3) status.