Determining The Right Charity
- IRS pub 78 – Tax Exempt Organization Search – find out if this is a good charity to work with through the IRS.
- You can also call the IRS for this purpose at – 1 877-829-5500
IRS Rules For Donating Real Estate
- Form 8283 – “Individuals, partnerships, and corporations file Form 8283 to report information about noncash charitable contributions when the amount of their deduction for all noncash gifts is more than $500.” – About Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions
- IRS Publication 561 – Understanding FMK (Fair Market Value) and evaluating your property.
- Tax Information on Donated Property